My preconception health course is launching! Learn to optimize conception and fertility for both you and your partner. Elevate your chances of successful conception, pregnancy, and beyond. Launching February!
The Lack of Research on Women's Health and Biohacking: Addressing the Gender Gap
In today's episode, I explore historical limitations and biases in women's health research, shedding light on the underrepresentation of women in medical studies and clinical trials.
I also speak about the impact of hormonal variability and individual variations on women's health and medication safety and efficacy.
Tune in as I also discuss options for biohacking interventions and tools tailored specifically for women's unique needs.
I talk about:
01:00 - I will be in Orlando Florida for the Biohacking Conference!
06:30 - Listen to the previous episode to the end
13:30 - The lack of women in the biohacking space
15:00 - The limited amount of research on women’s health
17:00 - Women’s hormonal fluctuations
18:00 - Unequal research funding for women’s health
20:00 - Limited access to healthcare for women
28:00 - The Natural Cycles app and Elvie
30:00 - The Women’s Health Initiative
35:00 - Women are the original biohackers but there are few women-founded biohacking companies
36:30 - Biohacking companies founded by women and women-first
Questions answered in this episode:
- How has historical bias and underrepresentation impacted our understanding of women's health needs?
- Why is it important to address the knowledge gap in women's health in research and related interventions?
- What are some examples of ways that companies are taking steps towards biohacking interventions tailored for women?
- What are some of the reasons behind funding disparities and socioeconomic factors in women's health research?
- How do hormonal fluctuations and variability related to women's menstrual cycles affect their health and the research being done on women's health?
- What can be done to address the disparities in health research funding and the underrepresentation of women in medical research?
- What could be the potential implications of more gender-specific data in medication safety and personalized medicine for women?
- How do societal biases, stigmas, and systemic barriers impede progress in understanding and addressing women's unique health needs?
- What are some potential implications of tailored biohacking interventions for women in terms of improving their overall health and well-being?
- How can women be more involved in the biohacking space and what does the future hold for advancements in this area?
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
- Get BiOptimizers magnesium breakthrough for better sleep and use the code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY to get a discount!
- Get the Lifestacks MCT powder, which is made from MCT powder, adaptogens and nootropics, perfect for any pick-me-up drink during the day!