I'm hosting a giveaway of free health consultations to women who are dealing with a range of women-specific health issues, including preconception preparation, fertility challenges, PCOS, Endometriosis, estrogen dominance, pregnancy-related concerns, and more!
Balancing Blood Sugar: Practical Tips for PCOS, Insulin Irregularities and Women’s Health
In this episode, I have a special guest, Danielle Hamilton, a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and a renowned blood sugar expert.
Dani's journey from struggling with her own health issues, including PCOS, to becoming an expert in blood sugar balance and nutrition is truly inspiring.
Join us as we explore how blood sugar impacts overall health and well-being, and we'll uncover key insights, especially relevant to women's health.
We talk about:
10:20 - Ignoring blood sugar: the root of all issues
19:30 - The struggle with undiagnosed hypoglycemia
26:40 - Different types of PCOS and the importance of insulin levels
30:10 - Tracking hormones and insulin levels for PCOS management
38:20 - Importance of balancing blood sugar
47:10 - Therapeutic ketogenic diet
51:10 - Circadian rhythms and blocking blue light at night
58:10 - The benefits of incorporating movement and standing desks
01:06:00 - Strategies to manage blood sugar during menstrual cycle
01:12:20 - Personalized health and the use of continuous glucose monitors
01:15:20 - Helpful tips for optimizing blood sugar
Questions answered in this podcast:
- Which fatty proteins can help stabilize blood sugar for those with low blood sugar?
- How does red meat benefit those with low blood sugar?
- Besides PCOS, what other conditions is blood sugar important for?
- How do you manage blood sugar on a day-to-day basis?
- What symptoms can be caused by fluctuations in blood sugar?
- What health conditions can be caused by blood sugar and insulin issues?
- How does high insulin levels affect the body?
- What are the benefits of a therapeutic ketogenic diet?
- Visit InsideTracker to get your vitamins, hormones and minerals tested, and enter code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY to get 20% off all plans!
- Get BiOptimizers for better sleep and use BIOHACKINGBRITTANY for a discount and surprise gift.
- Try my Hormone Balancing Chocolate recipe! It’s delicious and your body and hormones will thank you.
- My Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide solves all your hormone problems. Confused on what to eat and do during each phase of your cycle? Download it now for all the answers on cycle syncing and hormone balancing.
- Enter my giveaway for a free women's health consultation on my website
- Visit Danielle’s website
Join Danielle’s Sugary Savvy program and use the discount code SUGARFREE to get 100% OFF
- Instagram, TikTok, Facebook
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts