My preconception health course is launching! Learn to optimize conception and fertility for both you and your partner. Elevate your chances of successful conception, pregnancy, and beyond. Launching February!
My PCOS and Fertility Journey With Youtube’s “The Fertility Expert” Dr. Marc Sklar
Dr. Marc Sklar joins me to discuss the importance of lifestyle factors like nutrition, exercise, stress management, and self-care for optimal fertility.
He is known as the fertility expert and he helps couples turn their dreams of having a baby into a reality.
With 19 years of experience helping countless couples overcome infertility, he's a Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, certified in Mind/Body Medicine by Harvard Medical School.
I talk about:
16:20 - How Dr. Marc became “The Fertility Expert”
19:00 - Tests Dr. Marc recommends for pre-conception
23:30 - Dr. Marc analyzes my lab results live!
29:00 - Having PCOS and its origins
33:00 - PCOS and gut health issues
38:00 - Infrared saunas and detoxing before getting pregnant
40:00 - How Dr. Marc tests people for Candida
41:30 - Egg quality and making new eggs in the later years of your life
50:00 - How to help improve your egg quality
53:00 - Brittany’s egg support supplement
56:30 - Dr. Marc’s message to you if you don’t want to prepare for pre-conception
58:00 - Benefits for being proactive in pre-conception
48:00 - Maintaining sperm quality
01:03:00 - EMFs during pregnancy
01:11:00 - Having the most success in fertility and the health of your baby
01:15:00 - Reversing PCOS
Questions answered in this podcast:
- What are the common misconceptions about fertility and egg quality?
- How can you improve your fertility when you have PCOS and in general?
- What are some of the supplements you can take to supplement your pre-conception health?
- What measures can men take to improve sperm health?
- What is mild PCOS and how do you know if you have it?
- How does your lifestyle affect your fertility and overall health?
- How early should you seek care and support for hormonal or reproductive issues?
- Why is it important to be healthy and do a detox before conceiving?
- What tests do you need to do to assess your fertility levels?
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases.
- Dr. Marc’s website
- Dr. Marc’s YouTube channel
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
- Visit InsideTracker and enter code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY to get 20% off all plans
- Get any BiOptimizers products (including their magnesium, sleep breakthrough powder and Nootopia products) from Bioptimizers and use the code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY for 10% off