I'm hosting a giveaway of free health consultations to women who are dealing with a range of women-specific health issues, including preconception preparation, fertility challenges, PCOS, Endometriosis, estrogen dominance, pregnancy-related concerns, and more!
114. Generational Trauma, Body Image, Holistic Weight Loss and Balancing Hormones with Hannah Mullen, Certified Nutritionist and Women’s Health Specialist
Hannah Mullen, a Certified Nutritionist and Women’s Health Specialist, joins me as we discuss dieting, generational trauma, eating disorders, hormone health, and nutrition for weight loss.
We talk about restrictive dieting and how it affects you and your health, trauma in health and dieting, CGMs, and much more.
We talk about:
03:00 - Doing the 75 Hard challenge
13:00 - Getting on an elimination diet
19:30 - Hannah Mullen’s struggle with dieting growing up
23:00 - Looking at health on a cellular level and having a health first mindset
25:50 - Generational trauma and our health and dieting
30:30 - How Hannah helps her clients unravel the root cause of their health issues
31:30 - Biggest factors that are throwing your hormones off
35:00 - Getting a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor)
42:00 - The controversy about getting a CGM for non-diabetics
44:00 - Steps you can take to balance your hormones
49:00 - Making sure that you eat enough everyday
54:00 - The stress caused by having restrictive diets
58:00 - Drinking alcohol and making healthier decisions
01:04:00 - Microdosing to help with drinking
- My Amazon Storefront
- Subscribe to my newsletter
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play
- Use my discount code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY at Sensate for $25 off today.
- Get your gut microbiome, oral microbiome and cellular health tested through Viome, and use my discount code is BIOHACKINGBRITTANY for 15% at checkout!
- Use silver for your supporting your skin, teeth and internally from SilverBiotics and use code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY for 10% off!