I'm hosting a giveaway of free health consultations to women who are dealing with a range of women-specific health issues, including preconception preparation, fertility challenges, PCOS, Endometriosis, estrogen dominance, pregnancy-related concerns, and more!
Should You Eat Your Placenta? Everything You Need to Know About Placentophagy
Today I talk about a question I received on Instagram about the pros and cons of eating your placenta, otherwise known as “placentophagy”.
I talk about the benefits and risks of eating your placenta, ethical considerations, placenta vs other organ meat nutrients, encapsulating your placenta post-birth and much more. I also explain the history of placentophagy and how it’s been noted in several cultures across the world.
Message me on Instagram @BIOHACKINGBRITTANY if you also have questions about biohacking, women’s health or nutrition!
I talk about:
03:00 - Eating your placenta
06:40 - Placentophagy in different cultures and traditions across the world
10:00 - The many benefits of placentophagy
14:00 - Hormonal balance and the spiritual connection
18:15 - The Cons and risks of placentophagy
22:00 - Ethical considerations of placentophagy
25:30 - Toxins being absorbed in the placenta
29:00 - Different methods of taking the placenta - capsules, smoothies, soups and tinctures
35:00 - The cost of eating and encapsulating your placenta
37:00 - Eating your placenta and your breastmilk supply
39:30 - Eating placenta VS other organ meat
42:00 - Eating placenta and veganism considerations
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
- Get Bioptimizers supplements here and use the discount code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY, including their digestive enzymes, probiotics and magnesium
- Fill nutrient gaps, promote gut health, and support whole-body vitality with AG1 Athletic Greens here and use the discount code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY