I'm hosting a giveaway of free health consultations to women who are dealing with a range of women-specific health issues, including preconception preparation, fertility challenges, PCOS, Endometriosis, estrogen dominance, pregnancy-related concerns, and more!
Nurturing Your Family's Wellbeing: Leading by Example with Dr. Ron Hunninghake
Today, we're delving into optimal health from a fresh perspective, joined by Dr. Ron Hunninghake, a distinguished medical doctor.
Our journey includes exploring the significance of vitamin D for infants, differentiating between Vitamin D2 and D3, addressing the challenge of instilling healthy habits in childhood, and tackling the prevalent health issues in children today.
Dr. Ron is the Chief Medical Officer at the Riordan Clinic, a trailblazing academic medical center renowned for its work in integrative oncology and complex chronic illness care since 1975.
We talk about:
23:50 - How Dr. Ron became passionate about optimal health and integrative medicine
26:00 - Checking nutrient levels
28:40 - Vitamin D2 vs D3
31:30 - Young babies taking Vitamin D
36:40 - Being a healthy role model for your kids
39:15 - The number one thing you should work on with your kids
43:00 - Lead by example by living healthy
47:00 - Using CGMs and the criticism of it
51:30 - Brittany’s diabetes-related blood results
56:00 - Microglial cells and mental illness
01:00:30 - Niacin and Methylene blue for brain function
01:04:30 - Autoimmune disorders and leaky gut
01:10:00 - What to do to live healthy if you’re stuck in the grind without spending a lot of time and money
01:13:00 - What you can do to take better care of yourself
Questions answered in this podcast:
- Should babies take vitamin D and how much should they take?
- How do you strike a balance between allowing freedom and setting boundaries for children's health and well-being?
- What are some of the health issues facing children today?
- How can small, daily or weekly decisions lead to positive changes in health?
- What are some good habits to consider for overall health?
- How can individuals take responsibility for their health and make dietary changes?
- Get my Hormone Balancing Chocolate recipe: Use ingredients that balance your hormones, support your menstrual cycle, preconception health and beyond.
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases.
- Visit riordanclinic.org
- Riordan clinic’s Instagram
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
Check Out My Sponsors:
- Get cute EMF-blocking clothing made for women by women from Juunaday and use the discount code BRITTANY to get 10% off and tag me if you wear it!
- Get any BiOptimizers products (including their magnesium, sleep breakthrough powder and Nootopia products) from Bioptimizers and use my discount code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY for 10% off!
- Eat the ProLon® Nutrition Bar to help curb your hunger without breaking your fast, so you can fast for longer. Use my discount code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY to get discounts.
- Try AG1 and get a FREE 1-year supply of Vitamin D AND 5 free AG1 Travel Packs with your first purchase. Go to drinkAG1.com/BIOHACKINGWITHBRITTANY. Check it out now!