Dr. Jessie Hehmeyer is the founder of Well Empowered, which provides data-driven, Functional Medicine approach to help people achieve health and vitality outcomes. She offers courses and one-on-one work to provide guidance, inspired structure, and care to produce and sustain must-have health outcomes.
In this episode, Jessie shares her experience with IFM, discusses the difference between functional medicine and traditional medicine, and offers insights on weight loss struggles and misconceptions, and more!
This episode is a must-listen if you or a loved one is struggling with weight loss!
08:20 - Jessie’s experience with IFM
11:00 - How Jessie's journey with functional medicine and holistic wellness started
15:00 - Functional medicine vs. traditional medicine
18:30 - Getting to the root cause of diseases
21:00 - Morality and our weight, what we eat, and exercise
25:00 - The true cause of your weight loss struggles
33:30 - Shifting your perspective on weight loss
37:30 - Mastering the ability to ignore what people have to say
41:00 - Common misconceptions on weight loss
49:00 - Remember that our bodies are incredibly resilient
51:00 - Jessie’s approach to weight management
53:30 - Your healthy decisions add up
56:00 - Jessie’s favorite snack that still supports weight loss goals
01:02:00 - Jessie’s favorite self-care ritual and the one book in holistic health that she recommends
01:05:00 - The weirdest wellness trend Jessie has come across
01:06:30 - An influential figure, past or present, about holistic health, who Jessie would love to have a conversation with
1. What are some common barriers to weight loss?
2. What are some misconceptions about weight loss?
3. What is functional medicine?
4. What is the Jessie’s opinion on intermittent fasting?
5. How can you balance being honest with yourself about your eating habits while avoiding becoming obsessed with counting calories and stepping on the scale?
6. What inspired Jessie to contribute meaningfully to others in their health journey?
7. What are some sustainable solutions to weight loss that Jessie recommends, and how can individuals find what works best for them?