My preconception health course is launching! Learn to optimize conception and fertility for both you and your partner. Elevate your chances of successful conception, pregnancy, and beyond. Launching February!
Q&A: Berberine vs. Ozempic, Alcohol's Impact, The Healing Web, and Functional Foods for Women's Health
On this episode, I talk about berberine and its benefits, how it’s different from Ozempic and Metformin, alcohol and it’s effect on your health, functional foods for women, and a lot more.
If you have questions send me a message on Instagram @biohackingbrittany and I’ll try to answer them on my next episodes.
I talk about:
05:00 - Attending the Biohacking Conference in Florida with Katie Type A
09:00 - My InsideTracker results
11:30 - Berberine as a replacement for Ozempic
18:00 - Berberine for fertility
20:00 - Alcohol and your health
28:00 - Different types of alcohol and their potential benefits
32:30 - The Healing Web and how it works
41:30 - Functional foods and how they help in women’s health - soy, flax seeds, turmeric
46:00 - Functional chocolate for women
Questions answered in this podcast:
- What are the health benefits of moderate alcohol consumption and which types of alcohol should be emphasized?
- How do women metabolize alcohol differently than men?
- What are the detrimental effects of excessive alcohol consumption on one's health?
- How can one make informed choices about alcohol consumption?
- What are phytoestrogens and what health benefits do they provide?
- What is curcumin and how can it benefit one's health?
- What are functional foods and how can ingredients like ashwagandha and maca be used to make them more healthful and hormone balancing?
- What is the Healing Web and what kind of information does it provide?
- My hormone balancing chocolate recipe
- Berberine supplement
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts
- Fill nutrient gaps, promote gut health, and support whole-body vitality with AG1 Athletic Greens here and use the discount code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY
- Visit InsideTracker and enter code BIOHACKINGBRITTANY to get 20% off all plans