Let's dive in,
What on earth is biohacking? In a nutshell, it's altering the environment outside and inside of you to optimize your health.
.... Okay so what does that even mean? It means that you can become the healthiest version of yourself right now by changing specific things in your lifestyle that are deteriorating your health.
Think sleep. Think stress. Think toxins in the air and water. Think the indoor light you're exposed to all day. Think the radiation from all the electronics in your home. And of course, think food.
These areas are changeable to help you reach a higher state of health, one that is specific to you. Biohacking ranges from altering when you eat to incorporating high-tech, ahead of their time machines that decrease inflammation deep in the body.
- any self-care practices (spa, hot bath, facials, tea with friends, date night, etc.)
- natural health practices (naturopathy, herbalism, osteopathy, chiropracty etc.)
- cold and hot therapy (hydrotherapy, saunas, cryotherapy, ice baths etc.)
- sleep management
- stress management
- types of products and supplements used
- exercise and movement
- spending time in nature
- indoor light management
- anything else that helps you reach optimal health
Biohacking doesn't include:
- fad diets
- quick fixes to health issues
- magic pills
It's about the journey towards a healthier you. Biohacking encompasses everything that you can change to get you to where you want to be. It addresses your mind, spirit and body in a holistic way that has the potential to help you to be the healthiest you.
My favourite everyday biohacks for the average person include sunning your eyes, meditation, intermittent fasting, practicing gratitude and reducing blue light.